Writing Skills - 24-page PDF eReport
Writing Skills for Business
Writing abilities are as visible as a person's wardrobe. The impressions you leave through your written work last even longer, however, as memos, reports and letters are read and often re-read. You may be bright, ambitious and hardworking and yet have a handicap that will stall your career climb on the lower rungs of the ladder: poor writing skills. By developing your writing skills, you will be able to persuade, direct and influence the course of your organization and the direction of your career.
Topics covered include:
- Putting Yourself Ahead of the Pack
- Telegraphing Your Message
- Memos: Use and Abuse
- Reports -- More than Long Memos
- Business Letters -- Your Messengers to the Outside World
- It's a Matter of Style
- The Big Three: Clear - Concise - Readable
- Telegraphing it to Your Reader
- Avoiding Sexism
- Common Errors
- Style Strategies
As you develop your ability to write in a clear, concise, forceful style, you will improve your personal effectiveness and productivity. This eReport will help you do that.