Help your children develop healthy self-images. Build family unity. Nurture self-disciplined children and help them rise above negative influences with Zig's insights to parenting.
New Vision for Raising Positive Kids
Your Child's Positive Qualities
- You can change your performance by changing your thinking. To change your thinking you must change what goes into your mind.
- You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind.
- The most important ingredient in Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World is unconditional love.
- Remember, kids don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Real Motivation for Raising Positive Kids
Raising Your Kids To Be #1
- Parents need to draw out the qualities that children have inside them.
- Recognize that positive thinking does not give your children new skills. It does enable them to better use the skills they already have.
- It takes a positive parent to raise a positive kid.
- When you teach your kids to lie for you, you teach them to lie to you.
- Superstars aren't born, they are raised.
Your Child is a Tridimensional Being
Love Is Spelled TIME
- Parents have the power to begin and end every day on a positive note for their kids.
- Remember, every child is born to win but too many have been conditioned to lose.
- Increase your children's maturity level by spending time together around the dinner table.
- Watch what your kids eat. The wrong foods can have a negative effect on their attitudes and behaviors.
- "Quality Time" may be the greatest cop-out of all time! There is no substitute for quantity time.
Teamwork In Raising Positive Kids
Building Your Child's Self-Image
- Teach your kids to associate with winners.
- Learn to be calm, confident and firm. That is what authority is all about, and that is what kids understand, respect, and respond to.
- Three A's of a positive self-image: Acceptance, Affection, Approval.
- Give your kids the approval they need at home.
- Treat your kids with the same courtesy with which you expect to be treated.
Sex Education-Not Sex Invitation
Protecting Against Sexual Abuse
- Molesters almost always give up on a child who resists. That's one of the reasons good parental sex education is so important.
- Sex education begins at birth.
- Teach your child why it is worthwhile to wait for marriage to have sex.
- Protect your child by getting to know his friends and making them feel welcome in your home.
Forgiveness And Discipline Are Keys
Love Is The Answer
No man ever became great doing as he pleased.
- The evidence is overwhelming that children want to be disciplined. They prefer it that way.
- Criticize the performance but praise the performer.
- Don't judge yourself for past mistakes, it is never too late to be a positive influence on those you love.
- Parents with strong values and definite ideas of acceptable behavior usually raise children with a better self-image who understand ethics and have more confidence.