What Zig Ziglar did for parenting in Raising Positive Kids, he now does for romance and commitment in Courtship After Marriage.
CD 1: Be Happy You're Married
A Real Love Story
- Positive thinking is optimistic hope, not necessarily based on fact, that a marriage is going to be okay.
- Positive believing is optimistic hope, based on a series of procedures and principles which, if you follow them, will give you every reason to believe that your marriage is going to be even better.
- Philosophy and principles are the essential elements of a good marriage. If you are simply trying to follow procedures, then your aim is to manipulate and it will not work.
- More important than marrying the right person is being the right person.
CD 2: I Married The Wrong Person
I'll Just Get A Divorce
- Many psychiatrists are recommending a two-year courtship to ensure that you really know the character of the person you are marrying.
- A wife deeply resents her husband ignoring her all day and then giving her his undivided attention when the lights go out.
- Everybody wants to be appreciated, everybody wants to be hugged, everybody wants to know that there is somebody who genuinely cares for them.
- What a woman wants in marriage is a man that she can look up to but not one who will look down on her.
CD 3: I'm Convinced - Let's Start Over
It's Courting Time
- The #1 source of satisfaction in life is a good marriage.
- Husbands and wives need to take the time to build sand castles together.
- Do something every day for your mate that they can do for themselves.
- Nothing is as strong as gentleness, nothing is as gentle as real strength.
- Love, like sterling silver, will tarnish and grow dull unless it is polished with daily applications of interest, involvement and expressions of love.
CD 4: That's Not What I Said
Sex Is Not A Four-Letter Word
- A sense of humor is essential to a good marriage. Laughter is one of the greatest tonics known to humankind.
- When should you tell your wife you love her? Before somebody else does.
- Behavior which is recognized and rewarded will be repeated.
- Women who have the deepest spiritual commitments have the greatest sexual relationships with their mates. The sexual relationship does not start when the lights go out at night, but when they go on in the morning.
- Men who kiss their wives good-bye every day live years longer than men who don't kiss their wives good-bye.
CD 5: Leadership Vs. Dictatorship
Don't Be Stupid
- Stop thinking of marriage as a "maybe" proposition.
- It's not enough to be on speaking terms with your mate. You've got to be on listening terms as well.
- People are looking for understanding and validation in their relationships.
- Learn how to disagree without being disagreeable.
- Leadership is a function, it is not a position.
- A man must lead with consideration, mercy, love and unselfishness if he is truly to lead his family.
CD 6: When You Fight-Fair
Love is a Baked Sweet Potato
Mature love takes action and meets the other's needs. It can flourish only between two people who feel whole and worthwhile as individuals.
- Couples who have developed harmony are not those who are carbon copies of each other. They are the couples who have learned to accept their differences through the process of acceptance and understanding, and who eventually come to complement each other.
- Love is caring as much for the aims and welfare of another person as you do for your own aims and welfare.
- Mature love follows the principle, "I am loved because I love."